My Guide to a Fun and Happy Christmas by Alice Waterman
As we reach the end of 2021, we want to say thank you to Alice for another year of brilliant blogs. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and personal experiences. SA Care is incredibly lucky to have Alice on board writing blogs for us and sharing them with you.
Please enjoy Alice’s final blog for the year…
My guide to a fun and happy Christmas by Alice Waterman
This Christmas I think it’s important for all of us to focus on being nicer to and more supportive of each other. The year 2021 has taught me many things, but most importantly that taking time away from work to spend with family and friends is crucial to our happiness. If we are in a rush and constantly stressed about work, we forget to listen to and care for our loved ones. These stresses impact our mental health, so it’s important to take some time for ourselves to do fun activities that we enjoy. In saying this, I have created a list to help guide all of us to a fun and loving Christmas.
- Put away some time to spend with your family and friends. This can be done by playing games or going out for dinner. Whatever it is that you enjoy, make sure you are around the people you love.
- Spend time with your pets this Christmas! They need love too, just like your family and friends and I bet they are excited to give you love in return.
- Find happiness in the little things in life such as cooking your favourite food.
- Take care of your mental health. We all need to take some time away from our busy life and work schedules to relax and destress.
- Spend some time outdoors! We spend a lot of time inside in our daily life. Try to set times to go outside and get some fresh air. You can do this by travelling to the countryside, beaches, or parks. Don’t spend all Christmas indoors!
- Check-in with your loved ones to make sure they’re okay. It can be hard to speak up about problems we might be having, so it’s important that we check. Let’s make sure we ask our friends and family if they are ok or if there’s anything we can do to help out this Christmas.
The past two years haven’t been easy on anyone so let’s make it a great end of year by spending time doing things that we love with our family, friends, and pets!
P.S. Let’s all make an effort to fix some of the world’s problems this Christmas by focussing on climate change. Aim to use last year’s Christmas wrapping paper and save any new paper we have purchased to recycle for next Christmas!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Want to set some awesome goals, make new friends and get out and about this Christmas?