COVID-19 Update: 6 Day Lockdown in SA
As you are probably now aware South Australia is enforcing a lockdown from 12:01 am Thursday, 19 November 2020 for the next six days aiming to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our state.
Following on from today's news from SA Health and the State Government, please see below some additional updates.
Face masks required for support workers:
Face masks are now required for all support workers to wear during their shifts.
Clients in the Community:
- Clients are being contacted to ensure they can access the shops and have adequate supply of essential items. Assistance will be given to vulnerable clients who lack informal supports.
- Clinical support, training and education will continue to occur via our dedicated Clinical Nurses.
- Staff have access to Personal Protective Equipment to use as required.
- We have established an Emergency Response Community Support Team to ensure that our vulnerable clients can continue to receive services if their regular support workers are unavailable or unwilling to continue to provide in-home services.
- An Emergency Response Committee has been established to respond to the daily changes required and implement swift protocols, for supported accommodation and community in-home services.
Clients in Supported Accommodation:
- No visitors are allowed to enter during the next six days.
- Daily leisure acitivities including cooking, arts, crafts, boardgames and more.
- Implementation of additional cleaning measures throughout the day with emphasis on “high touch” surfaces.
- Restrictions on staff rotation from other sites and the community.
- Stringent temperature checking and completion of the COVID-SAFE survey by staff prior to entry.
- Entry to each accommodation is at the discretion of the management team, based on assessment of the COVID survey.
- All support workers are required to wear face masks.
- Increased Clinical services support.
Please contact the individual manager or call 1300 145 636 to discuss any concerns or queries you may have. Regular updated information is available at www.sacare.com.au/covid-19.
All official COVID-19 updates are listed on the SA Health website, here.